Monday, May 12, 2014

Life After Beth To See U.S. Theatrical Release

After its January 19 premiere at the Sundance Film Festival, the long in limbo film Life After Beth will see a limited U.S. release August 15. It's a zombie love story, and not the first. Resistance is futile you will be assimilated. That information is far more intriguing than the official Life After Beth trailer, which is really nothing more than a mildly successful teaser: But what has me jazzed, (besides the fact that off the beaten path films are sort of my "thing"), is the cast which includes Anna Kendrik, Molly Shannon, Dane DeHaan, the always brilliant John C. Reilly, the hilarious Aubrey Plaza, Matthew Gray Gubler, and Paul Reiser (who once caused me to miss a night of drinks with Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson - an act for which I have deemed him unforgivable). Additionally Jeff Baena who co-wrote David O. Russell’s genius I Heart Huckabees directed and wrote the screenplay for this this horror/drama/Comedy. Please do not come up with a new genre catchall name along the lines of "romcom" or I'll stick a cricket behind your refrigerator.

No comments: