Saturday, July 12, 2014

Finally News and a Trailer for Suburban Gothic

Finally a trailer and some news about director Richard Bates Jr.'s (Excision) film Suburban Gothic. I've been long anticipating this as both a film fanatic and general eccentric who admittedly more than leaned toward the Goth music and fashion aesthetic in my youth and now (in my dark little heart and on my stereo). The film features an incredible cast that has me feeling downright jazzed including Matthew Gray Gubler, Kat Dennings, Ray Wise, Barbara Niven, Sally Kirkland, and one of my favorite people ever- the "King of Kitsch" the "Purveyor and Pope of Bad Taste" (okay, so that one's mine), Mr. John Waters. Fearless freaks rejoice! The film will premiere at the Fantasia Festival which runs from July 17th to August 5th in Montréal, Québec. Please read more about Suburban Gothic via my prior post here. And to find out more about the eclectic and fantastic line-up of films appearing at Fantasia Festival please visit their website. And in the "So now I guess this is a thing" zeitgeist slash synchronicity files, allegedly there is a television series which has been pitched, tentatively titled Suburban Goth. Here's the facebook page for the project Suburban Goth Facebook. Stay tuned dear readers for more information. Here's a sneak peak at this interesting take on a sitcom:

No comments: