Friday, January 7, 2011

New Anna Waronker Strikes a Personal Note

Anna Waronker is releasing both a stripped down 4 track EP and a new full length album, California Fade, on the wonderful indie label - Five-Foot-Two Records. Waronker says of the EP, “I wanted to show an even more different side of myself on the EP, believe it or not, the lyrics feel even more personal than ever before.”

The Anna Waronker EP will be a special bonus in the upcoming expanded vinyl edition of California Fade. Only two tracks from the EP, “This Place” and “I Never Want To See Your Face Again,” will be available digitally as bonus tracks to the digital download of California Fade. Waronker says of the new EP tracks, "Most of the songs on the EP are the first ones I had written for myself since my son was born and, since California Fade had been in the making for so long, I wanted to add something new to the mix. I think it’s a really good addendum to the record; it certainly is from a personal standpoint.”

Additionally, the EP's fourth track “Can You Feel My Love?” is the first recorded song from Anna Waronker and sister in law Charlotte Caffey’s Lovelace: A Rock Opera. The album features appearances by Steven McDonald, Pat Smear, Josh Klinghoffer, Joey Waronker, Smokey Hormel, Tanya Haden, Ryan MacMillan, and Gabe Witcher.

Th expanded, double LP package is available for pre-order at Waronker's webste annawaronker.com and will be released February 8. Two tracks from the EP, “This Place” and “I Never Want To See Your Face Again,” will be available as bonus tracks to the digital download of California Fade via iTunes February 8th.



No comments: