Saturday, March 21, 2009

Tinted Windows to Release Debut Album April 21

As the website states - Tinted Windows are: Taylor Hanson (lead vocals), James Iha (guitar), Adam Schlesinger (bass), and Bun E. Carlos (drums).

This is my second post about this supergroup of sorts, (and I have yet to hear the album), but I have to comment on what I've heard thusfar. I know that people are having varying reactions to this band. These range from laughter to adoration. I'm sure the die hard Hanson fans were loving this band before they heard a note, but I've read a lot of hipper than thou blathering and I'm just not having it.

I was listening to the single "Kind of a Girl" and I love it. Remember the Kings Switchin' To Glide? It's a bit like that. Or maybe The Knack. It is infectiously gooey bubble gum infused, new wave tinged, Power Pop. And as a fan of Big Star and Jellyfish - I do not use the term power pop lightly. It's the sort of a tune that makes you want to put the top down and crank the volume up while the breeze blows through your hair. And everyone, no matter how hip they think they are, knows that's a good feeling.


Tinted Windows are scheduled to appear on Letterman April 20 and their debut will be available April 21St via S-Curve Records. The video for "Kind of a Girl" looks like an 80s t.v. appearance and it's very clever, (not unlike TRS-80 "Tinted", but with less kitschy tactics). You may view the full video on their web page www.tintedwindowsmusic.com

See them perform live:
Mar 21 2009 10:00P
SXSW: DirectTV Showcase @ The Bat Bar/Austin Convention Center Austin, Texas
Apr 20 2009 8:00P
Mercury Lounge New York, New York
Apr 28 2009 8:00P
Troubadour Los Angeles, California
Apr 30 2009 9:00P
Double Door Chicago, Illinois
May 2 2009 8:00P
Borgata Atlantic City, New Jersey
May 3 2009 8:00P
Bamboozle Festival East Rutherford, New Jersey



www.myspace.com/tintedwindows

No comments: