Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Love The Amazing Delores

I was looking for a video of The Amazing Delores to share with you. I can't find my cd and had a hankering for her blues infused, leopard and lame' - spandex clad crooning. I found a video of some Brit picking on Delores. And she is amazing. Those of you who've received a mix tape from me with her on it know she is stupendous. You can't deny her power. She's got pipes, rats in her trailer while she's trying to get her some lovin', and she loves her some Jesus. Skip to 9:25 if you just want the Delores experience.




Her album has given me much pleasure over these many years. It not only has her songs, but telephone message recordings/ramblings of Janis Joplin impersonations, Jesus insights, and various proof of her intangible genius. Priced from mere cents to $3.00 - what can you lose?

1. Rats in My Trailor
2. Stop Testifyin' to the Devil
3. Goin' over 40
4. Love Magic
5. Stop Messin' With My Mind
6. Do the in and the Out
7. Ship of Slaves
8. Coal - The Amazing Delores, Kessier, John
9. Dixie Lee
10. One on One
11. Stand by Me - The Amazing Delores, King, Ben E.

No comments: