Monday, February 23, 2009

N.I.N. and Janes Addiction Confirmed (Sort Of) and Duran Duran Contribute To War Child Charity, Begin New Album

Trent Reznor has confirmed his studio work with Janes Addiction(see prior post). He stated he produced "some work." So my speculation still stands as speculaltion. In an interview with Richard Kingsmill on triplej he stated "We talked about working on some new music and went in the studio and recorded a few tracks. Some new stuff and some old stuff. I'm not sure where that's going to wind up. That was me wrangling them in to being in the same studio together. I walked in to a minefield to be honest with you. Because I knew them, all independently but I'd never really recently spent any time with them. I could understand why they broke up the first time, just weird interpersonal things that needed to be worked out like any gang of people. And these guys hadn't been around each other much since '91. So the challenge I was faced with was trying to get them to communicate and feel good about what they're doing and record something that had merit. We succeeded in some ways, we failed in other ways but it was a process that got everybody talking and that led to use talking about maybe touring together and it seemed to make sense."
Go to triplej for the full audio clip.
http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/musicnews/s2498670.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Duran Duran have reportedly begun work on their new album. Fans of the band know that means it should be ready some time in the next..ten years. Meanwhile they have contributed a live version of "A View To A Kill" from their collaborative show with Mark Ronson, to the War Child Heroes project.

No comments: