Friday, October 23, 2009

New Juliana Hatfield Record Peace and Love

Juliana Hatfield has a new release, Peace and Love, due February 16. The record, on which Hatfield played all instruments was also self produced and engineered. She purchased an eight track recorder from her brother, and the rest is history.

"I've produced records before but I was always in a studio with professional engineers. So it was definitely a learning process for me," says Hatfield, who was ready to strip things down after her critically acclaimed 2008 album, How To Walk Away, which was a full studio production. "I always like to try things I've never done before and I'd been yearning to record myself. I was able to follow every instinct without worrying that anyone was going to think it was a kooky idea, I just wanted to do something simple."

Tracks:
1. Peace and Love
2. The End Of The War
3. Why Can't We Love Each Other
4. Butterflies
5. What Is Wrong
6. Unsung
7. Evan
8. Let's Go Home
9. I Picked You Up
10. Faith In Our Friends
11. I'm Disappearing
12. Dear Anonymous

No comments: