Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bird and the Bee's Alex Lilly /Obi Best - Hipster Alert



I live to contradict myself. I like The Bird and The Bee, but this "just ain't my bag baby."

This video has some really cool elements and I wanted to like it, but I can't stand her phrasing. I am, however, sure it will be the new hipster favorite. So if that type of thing appeals to you here is more information:

Obi Best is comprised of synth wizards Bram Inscore (Beck, Peeping Tom, Jem) and John Wood (Inara George, Mike Andrews), drummer Barbara Gruska (Jenny Lewis, Benji Hughes), Alex Lilly on vocals/guitar/keys/g4 and guest back-up vocalists Lisa Tremain (Readers) and Kim Talon (Eagle and Talon).
http://www.myspace.com/obibest
11/13 New York, NY @ Rehab (w/ Juliet Commagere)
11/14 New York, NY @ Pianos
11/17 New York, NY @ Union Pool

No comments: