Thursday, November 6, 2008

Andy Taylor (Ex Duran Duran) Spills His Guts / What am I reading?

What are you reading? (I ask - As if people leave comments.) I just finished reading Twilight which was a bit juvenille for my taste, but a quick little vampire read if you're into that type of thing. The film is being released at the end of the month and I'll likely see it.
Favorite Vampire Films:
Near Dark
The Lost Boys
The Hunger
Nosferatu (Original and Herzog)
Interview With the Vampire
Shadow of the Vampire
Martin
Dracula (Bela)

and Bram Stoker's Dracula gets a (dis)honerable mention for many laugh outloud moments that weren't meant to be funny. No - not just the ass wig. I love the costumes and cinematography, and Kilar's fantastic score, but Keanu Reeves and Winona Ryder portrayals of Jonathan and and just terrible. (But didn't you love Tom Waits as Renfield?)

Now I am reading Absolute Beginners - which I have started and misplaced repeatedly since about '85. This time I refuse to mislay the book until I have completed it! There was a musical version - if you recall - in the eighties. I liked it - cheesy at it was. You have to appreciate David Bowie doing an American accent whilst dancing on a giant typewriter. Don't you? It's about London in the 60s and mods and the dawn of the teenager.

When I've completed that I promised my cousin I would read She's Come Undone, because she mailed it to me. Then my friend is supposed to lend me his copy of Wild Boy: My Life in Duran Duran by Andy Taylor(Grand Central Publishing). He allegedly dishes a bit and fesses up to the coke whore rumors, but mostly he keeps it civil. I wish someone would spill their dirty laundry. HE quit the band twice for chrissakes!

No comments: