Monday, November 10, 2008

Brazilian Girls / I'm Stuck In A Rut And I Like It

These past few days I can't stop listening to this New York City "Electronica" (but don't let that put you off) band. I meant to post about them when I first started this lil’ blog, but I forgot. They are signed to the famous Jazz label Verve. Does that have you curious? I hope you will check them out in all of their quirky wonderful moosicks. Their experimental spirit brings the band Butter to mind (members of Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Cibo Matto, Skeleton Key.) Here are some songs from their new album New York City and a smattering of older tracks to give you a sense of their - admittedly eclectic sound. Try it - you'll like it. (Maybe?) Check them out on myspace for more information and support them if you like what you hear. www.myspace.com/braziliangirls

Brazilian Girls Sampler:

Good Time
St. Petersburg
Losing Myself
Strangeboy
Noveau Americain
Lazy Lover
Never Met A German
Sexy Asshole
Talk To The Bomb
Corner Store
Homme
Pussy
Sirènes de la Fête


http://sendshack.com/download/gms32m

1 comment:

Matt S. said...

Thanks for the DL, I heard the Sound Opinions guys talk this band up, and now they have your seal of approval, good enough for me.