Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Yo! Majesty Kollaborations and Silly Quotations

According to Shunda K, Domino Records just didn't move fast enough for her liking. So, she and the label have parted ways. However, she has chosen to mark the occasion not by crying in bed with Ben and Jerry's, but by releasing 42 new tracks for free. The songs are streaming at SHUNDAK.BANDCAMP.COM

The official details are:
The first collection, The Best Eva Written… Outkast, is the beginning of the thematic “Best Eva Written” series which appropriates existing work (in this case, Outkast instrumentals) to illustrate a new overarching album concept (in this case, being a societal outkast.) 20 new tracks… hosted by France’s DJ Keshkoon.

Kollaborations includes Peaches, WeHaveLove, Caspa Codina, Tha Pumpsta, Raspberry Cocaine, Rosetta Stoned, Blaque Pop, DJ Orion, DJ Deekline, Cindy Wonderful & Scream Club, Killola, A1 Baseline, and more.

This woman has some quotes that I just can't get myself to report with a, erm, what's the computer version of straight face? Anyway, I'll just post them:

“I know who I am and know dat God loves me, man, straight up. Stress free, y’all...” – Shunda K


“I’ve been da outcast all my damn life. Being gay & being raised in a religious household is not a great match. It’s God HISSELF dats blessing me with everything I have from da knowledge to da wisdom, to da woman in my life & my career. Da devil is a liar!!!”


Here is The Best Eva Written: http://www.tinyurl.com/SHUNDAK-BESTEVAWRITTEN
Shunda K: Kollaborations:http://www.tinyurl.com/SHUNDAK-KOLLABORATIONS

See Shunda K w/ Peaches in DC on June 17th and Brooklyn on June 19th
Jun 20 Baltimore BOLT @ The Hexagon
Jun 21 Philadelphia M ROOM

No comments: