Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dolores O'Riordan (Cranberries) To Release Second Solo Album

Dolores O'Riordan will release her second solo album, No Baggage on August 25 via Rounder Records. She has described No Baggage as a "very personal album." She told Billboard Magazine "I wanted to address everything and not hide anything. I think for a long time, I closed up and became introverted. As human beings, we're always looking forward and always looking back. It's hard to live in the present." Commenting further, she addressed her early popularity, "I got to say, it was the darkest and weakest part of my life, emotionally," she said. "I got so big so quickly, I lost sense of reality. I lost my friends and I didn't really have a normal life. All my friends went to college when I was 18 and I went and got famous overnight. So, I was a bit of a train wreck, to say the least." The album's first single "The Journey" will hit radio stations in July.

No comments: