Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Attention Mods and Soul Lovers / Otis Redding Compilation

Lovers of Mod, or if you prefer, good old fashioned sweet soul music, on October 20, Shout Factory is issuing a 2 disk cd/dvd titled, Otis Redding: The Best See and Hear. The DVD was directed by directed by D.A. Pennebaker (Don’t Look Back, Monterey Pop. Redding, on "Dock of the Bay" holds my vote for perhaps the world's most incredible whistle solo. Also included on the set are performances by Booker T. & The MG’s and Sam & Dave.

DVD
1. Shake
2. My Girl
3. Green Onions (Performed by Booker T. & The MG’s)
4. When Something Is Wrong With My Baby (Performed by Sam & Dave)
5. Hold On! I’m A Comin’ (Performed by Sam & Dave
6. Satisfaction
7. Try A Little Tenderness
(1-7 Filmed April 7, 1967, Oslo, Norway)
8. Shake
9. Respect
10. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)
11. Satisfaction
12. Try A Little Tenderness
(8-12 Filmed June 17, 1967, Monterey, CA)

CD
1. (Sittin’ On) The Dock Of The Bay
2. Try A Little Tenderness
3. Respect
4. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)
5. Satisfaction
6. Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)
7. Tramp (Performed by Otis Redding and Carla Thomas)
8. Mr. Pitiful
9. Pain In My Heart
10. That’s How Strong My Love Is
11. The Happy Song (Dum-Dum)
12. I’ve Got Dreams To Remember

No comments: