Friday, August 28, 2009

Michael and Michael Have Issues, But I Love Them / Stella, MIchael Ian Black, Michael Showalter, David Wain News

Could I have made the title longer? Yes, actually I could have. I could have gone all Fiona Apple on your ass. My powers of lameness are beyond your understanding.

Stella: Live In Boston is being released on dvd September 15. Below is the press release for a new dvd w/ Michael Showalter, Michael Ian Black, and David Wain, (with my added commentary in bold, because I sometimes pretend I am important and clever).

Michael And Michael And David Too
The comedy collective known as Stella—Michael Ian Black, Michael Showalter and David Wain—had great success with their eponymous weekly series (no they did not - it was canceled before it finished it's run), not to mention Comedy Central’s Michael & Michael Have Issues (please save this show from possible cancellation), MTV’s The State (genius even though it was an MTV show, and finally out on dvd), the online series Wainy Days… The list actually does go on and on for the trio as a group and individually (Let's not forget other great projects like Reno 911, which was just cancelled by the way, and the awesome -and should be on dvd- Viva Variety). They recently took their talents to the stage for Stella: Live In Boston and created what we like to refer to as a side-splitting DVD. (I'm sure that hackneyed phrase pleases these guys no end). The disc includes the full hour performance plus three episodes each of Wainy Days and Michael Showalter Showalter. In stores September 15.

By the way, if you do not own the cds Sandwiches & Cats by Michael Showalter, and I am a Wonderful Man by Michael Ian Black - I highly recommend heading over to Amazon. The purchase price equals guaranteed laughs which are needed in this time of bad news, bad economy, and bad comedians. Nope, I do not make any money by listing, because I haven't bothered to suss how to do that. Plus, I blog for the love people, for the love.



This dvd has given me countless hours o' fun.

No comments: